0 ItemsSubtotal: $0.00 Go to Shop
TKR5406 – NT48.3 1/8th Competition Nitro Truggy Kit
Limited Quantities Available
- Detailed Description
- Upgrade Parts
- Spare Parts
- Instruction Manual
- Setup Sheets
- Shipping Specs.
The NT48.3 rounds out the new line of Tekno RC .3 vehicles. Ryan Lutz took an impressive 2nd place in the truggy class with the new truck at the 2015 ROAR 1/8th Fuel Nationals, which is no easy feat. But there is no doubt that the long list of improvements and new features on the NT48.3 helped him out. The NT48.3 is faster, nimbler, easier to drive and incorporates some forward thinking that breaks the mold of what a nitro truggy is supposed to be.
We started with a new chassis (TKR5407). The ET48 and NT48 proved that moving weight forward results in better cornering so we eliminated the rear engine configuration from the NT48.3 and concentrated on optimizing the handling and flex characteristics of the front engine layout. This improved the gear mesh between the clutch bell and new 46t spur gear (TKR5119) and also helped to calm the rear of the car.
Another area that received an update was the braking. Larger, fully CNC machined, hardened, and ground discs (TKR5345B) replace the old parts. Improved semi-metallic brake pads (TKR5314B) are now separated by springs (TKR5368) to ensure the brakes are only engaged when you want them to be. The biggest change made to the brakes however, is with the linkage (TKR5336B). An all new brake system was designed for better consistency and easier brake bias adjustments.
New rear hubs (TKR5199) allow the option of using the stock CV axles or upcoming universal driveshafts. We now also offer the rear hubs in aluminum as an option (TKR5199A). At the front of the vehicle are new trailing steering spindles (TKR5193) and spindle carriers (TKR5194). The trailing components vastly improve high speed bump handling in addition to smoothing out the steering response. The vehicle initiates turns more predictably and finishes corners better than ever before. Larger bearings are now fitted to the front spindles for improved durability. The spindles will also accommodate upcoming universal driveshafts.
The V2 hinge pin braces (TKR5161, TKR5162, TKR5163, TKR5164, TKR5165) have found their way into the new kit. They provide more adjustability than ever before. For example, changing the roll centers at the hinge pin is now an easy task and allows you to set up the vehicle for any track conditions. Front arm sweep, kick-up, rear anti-squat, and rear toe are all adjustable.
Our low profile wing mount (TKR5181) is included to lower the CG of the whole vehicle. A revised front bumper (TKR5166) increases front ground clearance. Straight camber link rod ends (TKR5187) were produced to improve consistency in corners. Clamping spring perches (TKR6140) and new shock boots (TKR6144, TKR6145) are included to keep the shocks clean, smooth, and trouble free.
Finally, the box setup has been tuned by some of the best drivers in the world to give our customers a vehicle that they can confidently drive in most conditions. With the extensive list of adjustments and improvements, it is easier than ever to tune the vehicle to your driving style and track conditions.
NT48.3 New Features:
- New revised chassis
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots
- New rear hubs
- New trailing front spindles and spindle carriers
- New V2 hinge pin braces and inserts
- Low profile wing mount
- Revised bumper for increased ground clearance
- New straight turnbuckle rod ends
- New easily adjustable droop screws
- New brake linkage for easier adjustments and more consistent braking
- New revised 46t spur gear
- New brake pads and discs for unparalleled durability and consistency
- Updated setup sheet for improved handling
- Proven design
- Optimized narrow chassis layout with adjustable flex characteristics
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated radio tray/mud guard for unmatched COG, lightness, and durability
- Adjustable, LCG lightweight wing mount.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
Differentials and Drivetrain:
- Innovative ‘Mid-Offset’ rear differential provides minimal drive angles and reduced wear.
- Lightened drivetrain components throughout – Standard.
- 3 fluid filled adjustable lightweight differentials.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 Wheels.
- Ready for future universal driveshaft option.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum gun metal anodized shock towers are standard.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional springs and sway bars are available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ‘0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision ball bearings.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- Length: 595mm
- Wheelbase: 375-385mm
- Width: 416-420mm
- Dry Weight: <4000g* (8.8lb) (*your weight may vary depending on equipment used)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 9/40t, Center – 46t
- Clutch: 4-shoe adjustable with 7075 aluminum shoes
- Clutch Bell: 13t w/ 5x13x4mm inner, 5x10x4mm outer bearing
- Brakes: Steel discs with semi-metallic pads, side mounted
- Fuel Tank: 150cc, clunk
Needed to complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- .21-.28 cu/in nitro engine and pipe
- High torque/speed steering and throttle servos (at least 300 oz/in of torque)
- Hump style RX battery pack
- Fuel and fuel bottle
- Starter box and glow ignitor
- 1/8th scale truggy tires, inserts, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools
- 4mm and 5mm turnbuckle wrenches
- 4mm reamer
- Lexan scissors
Blank Setup Sheet:
Filled Setup Sheets:
- 2015_09_19 NT48.3 - Billy Fischer - All Around Setup Outdoor Various Conditions.jpg
- 2015_09_22 - NT48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Starting Setup.jpg
- 2015_09_23 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - Southern Nats.jpg
- 2015_11_15 - NT48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Gas Champs - Med Grip - Bumpy.jpg
- 2015_11_22 - NT48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Fear Farm - Med Grip Smooth Dry.jpg
- 2015_12_02 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - U.S. Open - Outdoor Med Bite Smooth Dry.jpg
- 2015_12_06 - NT48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Binona_U.A.E. - High Grip Concrete.jpg
- 2016_06_26 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - AMS 7.0 - Smooth Medium Grip.jpg
- 2017_02_26 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - DNC.jpg
- 2018_05_06 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - Silver State 2018.jpg
- 2020_03_15 - NT48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - Holiday Hangover 2020.jpg
Recommended Receiver Packs:
LRP VTEC 2S LiPo Hump Receiver Battery Pack (7.4V/2700mAh) PN: LRP430352
ProTek RC LiPo Hump Receiver Battery Pack (7.4V/2600mAh) PN: PTK-LP-RX2600-S-2S
NT48.3 New Parts Listing (Compared to original NT48)
|Dimensions||19.75 x 9.15 x 6.5 in|