0 ItemsSubtotal: $0.00 Go to Shop
TKR5005 – EB48.3 1/8th Competition Electric Buggy Kit
This product has been discontinued and replaced by the EB48.4
Out of stock
- Detailed Description
- Upgrade Parts
- Spare Parts
- Instruction Manual
- Setup Sheets
- Shipping Specs.
This product has been discontinued and replaced by the EB48.4
Since the release of the original EB48 in August of 2012, we have been continually improving our products. Over the years we have tested hundreds of parts, released dozens of meaningful options, and we have improved the overall setup of the EB48. The EB48.2 improved on the original vehicle and has enjoyed incredible success around the world. Now it’s time to introduce the EB48.3 – the new standard in the 1/8th Electric Buggy class.
We started with the suspension and completely redesigned the geometry. The new design aimed to improve big jump landings while at the same time improve small bump handling and consistency. Longer shocks have been fitted to increase suspension travel and new towers (TKR5268, TKR5269) were designed to optimize shock angles. Revised upper camber link positions on both the front and rear shock tower provide setup options that improve driveability and traction in all conditions. A new piston was designed specifically for the longer shocks (TKR6159) to adjust the compression/rebound characteristics. The lower arms (TKR5184, TKR5286) feature new shock mounting locations. Clamping spring perches (TKR6140) and new shock boots (TKR6144, TKR6145) are included to keep the shocks clean, smooth, and trouble free. We also included the left and right handed shock mounting screws (TKR1240) to ensure you never lose a shock during operation.
New rear hubs (TKR5199) allow the option of using the stock CV axles or the upcoming universal driveshafts. We now also offer the rear hubs in aluminum as an option (TKR5199A). At the front of the vehicle are new trailing steering spindles (TKR5193) and spindle carriers (TKR5194). The trailing components vastly improve high speed bump handling in addition to smoothing out the steering response. The vehicle initiates turns more predictably and finishes corners better than ever before. Larger bearings are now fitted to the front spindles for improved durability. The spindles will also accommdate the upcoming universal driveshafts.
The V2 hinge pin braces (TKR5161, TKR5162, TKR5163, TKR5164, TKR5165) have found their way into the new kit. They provide more adjustability than ever before. For example, changing the roll centers at the hinge pin is now an easy task and allows you to set up the vehicle for any conditions. Front arm sweep, kickup, rear anti-squat, and rear toe are all adjustable. A revised chassis was designed to increase clearance for the many V2 hinge pin positions.
Our low profile wing mount (TKR5181) is included to lower the CG of the whole vehicle. A revised front bumper (TKR5166) increases front ground clearance. Straight camber link rod ends (TKR5187) were produced to improve consistency in corners. Maintenance is easier with the addition of the split center differential mount (TKR5260, TKR5263).
Finally, the box setup has been tuned by some of the best drivers in the world to give our customers a vehicle that they can confidently drive in most conditions. With the extensive list of adjustments and improvements, it is easier than ever to tune the vehicle to your driving style and track conditions.
EB48.3 New Features:
- Completely redesigned suspension geometry
- New front arms
- New rear arms
- New front and rear 7075 CNC aluminum shock towers
- New extra long shocks for increased suspension travel
- New tapered 4 x 1.8mm shock pistons
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots
- New rear hubs
- New trailing front spindles and spindle carriers
- New V2 hinge pin braces and inserts
- Low profile wing mount
- Revised bumper for increased ground clearance
- New split center differential mount
- New straight turnbuckle rod ends
- New tapered aluminum front center driveshaft
- New left and right hand threaded shock mount screws
- New easily adjustable droop screws
- Revised shock standoffs for easier droop measurement
- Longer rear sway bar for more consistent traction
- Updated chassis with increased clearance for V2 hinge pin settings
- Updated setup sheet for improved handling
- Proven design
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis layout – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Adjustable, LCG lightweight wing mount.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precision dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Split center diff mount for easy maintenance.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Uses standard MOD 1 pinion gears (TKR4171-TKR4190).
Differentials and Drivetrain:
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Lightened outdrives and diff couplers used throughout.
- Aluminum tapered aluminum center driveshaft.
- Angled rear gearbox with large bearings reduces wear.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum gun metal anodized shock towers are standard.
- New tapered piston design and configuration (4 x 1.8mm)
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional springs and sway bars are available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ‘0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- New longer rear sway bar for better consistency.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- Length: 435mm (without wing)
- Wheelbase: 323-335mm
- Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
- Weight: 3200g (7.0lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 500g battery, rx, etc)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
- Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2s or 1x4s config)
- Kit/RTR: Kit
Needed to complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 Scale ESC and motor
- High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
- Pinion or Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch system
- 4-6s LiPo battery
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools
Blank Setup Sheet:
EB48.3 Blank setup sheet – (editable, savable)
Filled Setup Sheets:
- -2016_10_25a - EB48.3 - Recommended Outdoor Very Bumpy.jpg
- -2016_10_27 - EB48.3 - Recommended Indoor.jpg
- -2016_10_27 - EB48.3 - Recommended Outdoor.jpg
- 2015_07_12 - EB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - ROAR Nationals.jpg
- 2015_07_16 - EB48.3 - Randy Cathcart - King Hobbies - Club Base - Loose Loamy - Low Bite.jpg
- 2015_07_26 - EB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Barnstormers - Dusty Groove Bumpy.jpg
- 2015_08_15 - EB48.3 - Randy Cathcart - Summit RC Roar Race - BlueGroove Medium Grip Smooth.jpg
- 2015_08_16 - EB48.3 - Jonathan May - King Sword Raceway - Astroturf Very High Bite.jpg
- 2015_09_23 - EB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - Southern Nats.jpg
- 2015_11_15 - EB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Gas Champs - Medium Grip Bumpy.jpg
- 2015_11_22 - EB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Fear Farm - Medium Grip - Smooth Dry.jpg
- 2015_12_2 - EB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - U.S. Open - Outdoor Med Bite - Smooth Dry.jpg
- 2016_03_23 - EB48.3 - Patrick Littleton - Base Indoor Med Smooth Groove Dry.jpg
- 2016_06_26 - EB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - AMS 7.0 - Smooth Medium Grip.jpg
- 2016_10_24 - EB48.3 - Recommended Indoor.jpg
|Dimensions||17 x 9.5 x 5.6 in|