0 ItemsSubtotal: $0.00 Go to Shop
TKR5304 – NB48.3 1/8th Competition Nitro Buggy Kit
In stock and ready to ship!
- Detailed Description
- Upgrade Parts
- Spare Parts
- Instruction Manual
- Setup Sheets
- Shipping Specs.
When we decided to release a nitro buggy in November of 2013, a lot of people were scratching their heads. What does Tekno RC, a company known for electric innovation, know about nitro? But we were up to the challenge and NB48’s started popping up at tracks across the world. The experience has been invaluable. We learned a lot and we have listened to our customers. The NB48.3 is faster, nimbler, easier to drive and it incorporates some forward thinking that breaks the mold of what a nitro buggy is supposed to be.
We started with the suspension and completely redesigned the geometry. The new design aimed to improve big jump landings while at the same time improve small bump handling and consistency. Longer shocks have been fitted to increase suspension travel and new towers (TKR5268, TKR5269) were designed to optimize shock angles. Revised upper camber link positions on both the front and rear shock tower provide setup options that improve driveability and traction in all conditions. A new piston was designed specifically for the longer shocks (TKR6159) to adjust the compression/rebound characteristics. The lower arms (TKR5184, TKR5286) feature new shock mounting locations. Clamping spring perches (TKR6140) and new shock boots (TKR6144, TKR6145) are included to keep the shocks clean, smooth, and trouble free. We also included the left and right handed shock mounting screws (TKR1240) to ensure you never lose a shock during operation.
The chassis has evolved as well (TKR5303). The EB48 and NB48 proved that moving weight forward results in better cornering so we eliminated the rear engine configuration from the NB48.3 and concentrated on optimizing the handling and flex characteristics of the front engine layout. This improved the gear mesh between the clutch bell and new 46t spur gear (TKR5119) and also helped to calm the rear of the car.
Another area that received an update was the braking. Larger, fully CNC machined, hardened, and ground discs (TKR5345B) replace the old parts. Improved semi-metallic brake pads (TKR5314B) are now separated by springs (TKR5368) to ensure the brakes are only engaged when you want them to be. The biggest change made to the brakes however, is with the linkage (TKR5336B). An all new brake system was designed for better consistency and easier brake bias adjustments.
New rear hubs (TKR5199) allow the option of using the stock CV axles or the upcoming universal driveshafts. We now also offer the rear hubs in aluminum as an option (TKR5199A). At the front of the vehicle are new trailing steering spindles (TKR5193) and spindle carriers (TKR5194). The trailing components vastly improve high speed bump handling in addition to smoothing out the steering response. The vehicle initiates turns more predictably and finishes corners better than ever before. Larger bearings are now fitted to the front spindles for improved durability. The spindles will also accommdate the upcoming universal driveshafts.
The V2 hinge pin braces (TKR5161, TKR5162, TKR5163, TKR5164, TKR5165) have found their way into the new kit. They provide more adjustability than ever before. For example, changing the roll centers at the hinge pin is now an easy task and allows you to set up the vehicle for any conditions. Front arm sweep, kickup, rear anti-squat, and rear toe are all adjustable. A revised chassis was designed to increase clearance for the many V2 hinge pin positions.
Our low profile wing mount (TKR5181) is included to lower the CG of the whole vehicle. A revised front bumper (TKR5166) increases front ground clearance. Straight camber link rod ends (TKR5187) were produced to improve consistency in corners.
Finally, the box setup has been tuned by some of the best drivers in the world to give our customers a vehicle that they can confidently drive in most conditions. With the extensive list of adjustments and improvements, it is easier than ever to tune the vehicle to your driving style and track conditions.
NB48.3 New Features:
- Completely redesigned suspension geometry
- Revised chassis
- New front arms
- New rear arms
- New front and rear 7075 CNC aluminum shock towers
- New extra long shocks for increased suspension travel
- New tapered 4 x 1.8mm shock pistons
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots
- New rear hubs
- New trailing front spindles and spindle carriers
- New V2 hinge pin braces and inserts
- Low profile wing mount
- Revised bumper for increased ground clearance
- New straight turnbuckle rod ends
- New left and right hand threaded shock mount screws
- New easily adjustable droop screws
- Revised shock standoffs for easier droop measurement
- New brake linkage for easier adjustments and more consistent braking
- New revised 46t spur gear
- New brake pads and discs for unparalleled durability and consistency
- Longer rear sway bar for more consistent traction
- Updated setup sheet for improved handling
- Proven design
- Optimized Narrow Chassis Layout with Adjustable Weight Distribution and Flex Characteristics
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated Radio Tray/Mud Guard for Unmatched COG, Lightness, and Durability
- Adjustable, LCG lightweight wing mount.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
>Differentials and Drivetrain:
- New revised 46t spur gear
- New brake pads and discs for unparalleled durability and consistency
- Innovative Rear Offset Differential Provides Minimal Drive Angles and Reduced Wear.
- Lightened Drivetrain Components Throughout – Standard.
- 3 Fluid Filled Adjustable Lightweight Differentials.
- Less Rotating Mass = Better Acceleration.
- CV Driveshafts with Captured Pins on all 4 Wheels.
- Option for Universal Driveshaft usage.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum gun metal anodized shock towers are standard.
- New tapered piston design and configuration (4 x 1.8mm)
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional springs and sway bars are available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ‘0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- New longer rear sway bar for better consistency
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- Length: 435mm (without wing)
- Wheelbase: 323-335mm
- Width: 306-310mm
- Dry Weight: 3260g* (7.17lb) (*your weight may vary depending on equipment used)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 46t
- Clutch: 4-shoe adjustable with 7075 aluminum shoes
- Clutch Bell: 15t w/ 5x13x4mm inner, 5x11x5mm outer bearing
- Brakes: Steel discs with semi-metallic pads, side mounted
- Receiver Battery Box Dimensions 58.5mm x 36mm x 34.5mm (L x W x H)
- Fuel Tank: 125cc, clunk
Needed to complete:
- 2/3 channel surface radio transmitter and receiver
- High torque steering and brake servo (at least 300 oz/in)
- RX battery 58.5mm x 36mm x 34.5mm (L x W x H)
- Switch harness
- .21 nitro engine, tuned pipe, manifold, and glow plug
- Fuel bottle, fuel, 1/8th buggy starter box, and glow ignitor
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex drivers 1.5mm (TKR1104), 2.0mm (TKR1105), 2.5mm (TKR1106)
- Nut drivers 5.0mm (TKR1107, 5.5mm (TKR1108), 7.0mm (TKR1109)
- 17mm Wheel Wrench (TKR1116)
- Hobby knife
- Needle-nose pliers
- Pivot Ball and Shock Multi-tool (TKR1115, for shock assembly)
- 4mm turnbuckle wrench (TKR1103)
- 4mm arm reamer
- Lexan Body Scissors
Blank Setup Sheet:
NB48.3 Blank setup sheet – (editable, savable)
Filled Setup Sheets:
- -2016_10_25 - NB48.3 - Recommended Outdoor Very Bumpy.pdf
- -2016_10_27 - NB48.3 - Recommended Indoor.pdf
- -2016_10_27 - NB48.3 - Recommended Outdoor.pdf
- 2015_03_08 - NB48.3 - Jared Wiggins - St.louis Dirt Burners - Outdoor Low bite Bumpy Dry.pdf
- 2015_07_26 - NB48.3 - Billy Fischer - Dialed in Raceway - Outdoor Med Bite Bumpy Dry.pdf
- 2015_07_26 - NB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Barnstormers - Dusty Groove Bumpy.pdf
- 2015_08_16 - NB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - Wicked Weekend - Outdoor Med Bite Bumpy Dry.pdf
- 2015_08_22 - NB48.3 Juan Carlos - Canas Alhaurin Outdoor Hard Packed.pdf
- 2015_10_11 - NB48.3 - Giorgio Bove Rapallo - Outdoor Med Bite Bumpy Blue Groove.pdf
- 2015_11_07 - NB48.3 - Bill Mason - Fear Farm - Outdoor High Bite Bumpy Blue Groove.pdf
- 2015_11_15 - NB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Gas Champs Med Grip Bumpy.pdf
- 2015_11_22 - NB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Fear Farm - Medium Grip Smooth Dry.pdf
- 2015_12_02 - NB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - U.S. Open - Outdoor Med Bite Smooth Dry.pdf
- 2015_12_05 - NB48.3 - Ryan Lutz - Binona U.A.E. - High Grip Concrete.pdf
- 2016_01_02 - NB48 - Shaun Kirkman - Thunder Alley - Outdoor Med Bite Loamy Wet.pdf
- 2016_06_26 - NB48.3 - Joe Bornhorst - AMS 7.0 - Smooth Medium Grip.pdf
- 2016_10_21 - NB48.3 - Mason Eppley - Silver Dollar Raceway - Outdoor.pdf
Recommended Receiver Packs:
LRP VTEC 2S LiPo Hump Receiver Battery Pack (7.4V/2700mAh) PN: LRP430352
ProTek RC LiPo Hump Receiver Battery Pack (7.4V/2600mAh) PN: PTK-LP-RX2600-S-2S
NB48.3 New Parts Listing (Compared to original NB48)
|Dimensions||16 x 11 x 7 in|